Today we went to church. After church, we came home and had some lunch, and then I went and did the grocery shopping. After I was done shopping, I did not do anything the rest of the day.
We got up at 3:30, hoping to hit the road at 4 and then be on the trail at 4:30. We were pretty close to on time. We were hiking Mount Princeton. Since we were in a van, we had to hike from the lower parking lot up a Four Wheel Drive trail for 3 to 4 miles. When we finally hit single track, it didn't take long for us to be rock scrambling. We had about 3 miles of rock scrambling to the top. About half of it was just along the side of the mountain, but then we really turned uphill and had a pretty steep scramble to the top. We finally made it to the top, and it was an amazing view for a little bit. A snowstorm was moving in quickly, and we watched it start from a nearby mountain and slowly come toward us. We had a slippery scramble down the shale on the mountain. Then the snowstorm caught us, and it was kind of just a sleet, but it made all the rocks very slippery. By this point, some people were fighting headaches. ...
(Written by Janessa Garcia) This morning, Grandma and Grandpa picked me up around 9 o’clock, and we went to the Olympic Museum. We spent the morning touring the museum and then ate lunch in the nearby park. After lunch, we went and walked around Manitou Springs for a few hours. We also got some ice cream while we were there. After we were done walking there, we ventured to the Garden of the Gods and did some more hiking. When we were done hiking at Garden of the Gods, we went back to the house before we went out to eat. On the way to the restaurant, we looked at more Greccio properties. We then met Ron and Susan at a Mexican restaurant. During the meal, we engaged in a lot of pleasant conversation. After supper, Grandma and Grandpa took me back to the house for the night.
Today I was with resources again. They needed me since we are having our resident Christmas party today. I started the day by delivering some gifts to VSR and Bentley. When I got back, Cristal needed a lot of help moving gifts from our classroom to our boardroom. I got most of the work done, but I got interrupted because I needed to go meet Junk Shot at the pantry to get some food from them. They were cleaning out one of our apartments, and they found a lot of canned goods that were still good, so they brought them to our pantry. I got to drive the Volkswagen to the pantry since Doug was out and about in the van. I also picked up my lunch from the pantry. When I got back, I ate lunch and then finished moving the gifts to the boardroom. When I was done moving gifts, I took some other gifts over to The Ridge. On my way back from The Ridge, I stopped at Natural Grocers and did the pickup. I took the food over to the pa...
Comments
Post a Comment